[Freeswitch-users] mod_conference: Any way to pass conference PIN in the URI?

Kristian Kielhofner kkielhofner at star2star.com
Mon Oct 13 08:02:49 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Joe Attardi <joe.attardi at nortel.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Part of an app I'm working on has a web UI for managing conferences on a
> FreeSWITCH instance. One of the goals in this effort is to allow a
> conference host to invite participants. We had initially used the 'api
> conference dial/bgdial' commands, but unfortunately we ran into some
> problems (we needed to provide credentials to our SIP proxy, among other
> things).
>
> So what we're doing now is inviting the person with a REFER. The
> conference owner enters a phone extension/SIP URI and the remote party's
> phone rings. When the remote party answers the call, it then REFERs
> their phone to call the FreeSWITCH conference. If the conference
> requires a PIN, then, obviously they get prompted for a PIN.
>
> Here's the million dollar question: Is there any way to pass along the
> conference PIN as a URI parameter or something like that?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -- Joe

Joe,

  Instead of modifying the URI, why not attach your own header:

  I haven't done it yet, but it might be as simple as:

action application="conference" data="confname+${sip_X-conf-pin}">

Taken from:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#variable_xxxx
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_conference#Dialplan_configuration

--