[Freeswitch-users] Supress Unregister at external gateway

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Thu Nov 20 08:08:40 PST 2008

I have the following scenario for a 2-server FS system with failover
functionality:

    * I have a number of Gateways registered at FS1
    * I have another number of Gateways registered at FS2
    * In case I want to do maintenance on FS1 I would like all external
      gateways to be registered on FS2 and then shutdown FS1
    * This is not of a problem if I have only a handful of gateways, but
      in our case they're about 10.000
    * The goal is to minimze downtime, when I migrate  e.g. 5000
      gateways from FS1 to FS2

    * 1st method: The normal way would be to register (via xml-rpc or
      socket) the new Gateway on FS2 and then deregister it on FS1. FS1
      sends an unregister (register with expires=0) to the gateway
      though (after the register from FS2), so this Gateway
      unfortunately no longer sends calls to any of the 2 FS.
    * 2nd method: The other way is to deregister them first on FS1 and
      then register them all on FS2. Because deregistering and
      registering takes time with ~5000 Gateways (+ we have to ensure
      that the new register has to take place after unregister), this
      results in a significant downtime.

So my question: Is there any way to suppress deregister messages to the
gateway?

Best regards
Peter