[Freeswitch-users] Call answered by human or answerphone

Birgit Arkesteijn birgit at westhawk.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 10:13:51 PST 2008

Hi,

Our customer has different requirements for the situation where a person
answered a call or a answerphone.

I found a solution on:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Freeswitch_IVR_Originate#Answer_confirmation
This solution requires a person to press a DTMF.

However, I'd much rather do it the other way round, but didn't find
anything when searching.

I heard mentioned 'wait for silence', but I don't see how waiting for
silence will give me information on human VS machine detection.

Any ideas or solutions out there?
Our implementation is done in Javascript, so ideally the solution should
be tied in.

Thanks, Birgit

--
-- Birgit Arkesteijn, birgit at westhawk.co.uk,
-- Westhawk Ltd, Albion Wharf, 19 Albion Street, Manchester M1 5LN, UK