[Freeswitch-users] Question on using java_mod

I Ki i.mkmo at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 07:00:27 PST 2008

Ah, so I should not compile the PhoneTest.java to PhoneTest.class only but jar-file instead?

This is what I did:

- verified my classpath in the java.conf.xml:  <option value="-Djava.class.path=/usr/local/freeswitch/scripts/freeswitch.jar"/>
- my PhoneTest.class is located in /usr/local/freeswitch/script - directory, same as where freeswitch.jar is located
- I created PhoneTest.jar file from PhoneTest.class
- changed my dialplan to: <action application="java" data="/usr/local/freeswitch/scripts/PhoneTest.jar PhoneTest arg1 arg2 arg3"/>
- and seems to be working!!! at least it was called this time and it initiated. Couple of small errors but I'm sure it's minor, will have a look at those later.

Thanks a million, would have never figured it out by myself.

Is there any technical reason why class-file cannot be called as an binary directly?

         Nic

No, not the path to *freeswitch.jar*, use the path to *your* JAR containing the class.

Bye
Damjan