[Freeswitch-users] VxML Parser?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 07:17:15 PST 2008

You have a few choices on an approach:

1) FreeSWITCH has javascript, xml, TTS, ASR all as existing components so
it's possible to just use those
    resources to make a home grown parser.

2) I don't know how openVXI or the like are designed but if you can use them
as a library and embed them
    in a module you could do it that way.

3) If it has to run standalone, yes you can make a middleware to event
socket which has its atvantages because you could change what box you are
using as the call engine easier but as a trade off you add another point of
failure so it's a balanced decision.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Andrew Gilbert <gilbertandrew at mac.com>wrote:

> It looks like there are 2 viable vxml parser projects, listed here. The
> commetrex project is a close relative if not simply OpenVxi. The rev at CMU
> is older, but the one on SourceForge appears semi-current (3.4). This is
> also what is being used by VoiceGlue, an integration with Asterisk.
>
> The jvoicexml project is java based and doesn't look to be as far along in
> terms of tag support. So I spent a few minutes with OpenVXI.
>
> OpenVxi has a set of interfaces one needs to support to make a full fledged
> voice browser. Some are provided in the reference implementation, such as
> logging, etc. Others need to be provided, for example call control
> (VXItel.h), prompting (VXIprompt.h), etc.
>
> Seems like this would all be possible using something like event socket and
> glue code to implement the required OpenVXI interfaces. Call control and
> prompting sure seem possible that way. But I would really want someone from
> FS to comment on whether that makes sense.
>
> If I get more bandwidth over next few days I will try to get OpenVXI built
> and explore more. But again, having some input from FS devs would be great.
>
> Andy
>

> On Nov 3, 2008, at 11:57 PM, Douglas Garstang wrote:
>
> Thanks.
>
> Maybe I need to go and get my hands more dirty, but how would freeswitch
> interface to this?
>
> Doug.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/