[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch as SBC ?

ram talk2ram at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 20:04:44 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Tristan <tristan at telemaque.fr> wrote:

> Hi ram,
>
> Part of the solution I built is a redundant openser in front of a redundant
> freeswitch install.
> FS acting like an SBC ( ie, all calls comes through, and are filtered based
> on xml_curl dialplan rules ).
>
> Asterisk was not the solution for me, as it's not as easy as FS to scale
> and manage in my HA environnement.
>
> I'm currently thinking of adding some kind of failover method in FS, to
> provide 99.9999% uptime even if one box fails.
> The better way I saw atm, was to send to a spare FS instance everything
> going on the production box, allowing it to
> take over the prod'box in case of failure ( ie taking the ip, opening rtp
> ports that were opened, and keeping tracks of SIP transactions
> and their status ).
> I believe this sort of features cannot be implemented easily in asterisk,
> but in FS it should not be too much difficult. Maybe adding a new channel
> state tracking changes on the master it's spare of... ( why not building
> also a master/master cluster ? ) ....
>
> If you need more, just ask,

Hi

thats really nice

is this what your build system looks my imagination

Openser-----freeswitch boxs (3 or 4) ----PSTN or VoIP Provider

If yes

I have couple of questions

1. Is the user register with Openser  or Freeswitch
2. are you using Dispatcher or LCR Module to send calls to Freeswitch
3. how are you able to manage PBX features
4. CDR done in Openser or Freeswitch
5. how about pre-paid and NAT handling ?

If you could share some config files offline should be good

iam looking the same system to deploy

thanks
Ram