[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch as SBC ?

Tristan tristan at telemaque.fr
Mon Nov 3 04:19:41 PST 2008

Hi ram,

Part of the solution I built is a redundant openser in front of a
redundant freeswitch install.
FS acting like an SBC ( ie, all calls comes through, and are filtered
based on xml_curl dialplan rules ).

Asterisk was not the solution for me, as it's not as easy as FS to scale
and manage in my HA environnement.

I'm currently thinking of adding some kind of failover method in FS, to
provide 99.9999% uptime even if one box fails.
The better way I saw atm, was to send to a spare FS instance everything
going on the production box, allowing it to
take over the prod'box in case of failure ( ie taking the ip, opening
rtp ports that were opened, and keeping tracks of SIP transactions
and their status ).
I believe this sort of features cannot be implemented easily in
asterisk, but in FS it should not be too much difficult. Maybe adding a
new channel state tracking changes on the master it's spare of... ( why
not building also a master/master cluster ? ) ....

If you need more, just ask,

Regards,

Tristan.