[Freeswitch-users] Best way to start with Freeswitch

Arnaldo de Moraes Pereira egghunt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 04:35:40 PDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 6:19 AM, kokoska rokoska
<kokoska.rokoska at post.cz> wrote:

>  Brian West napsal(a):
>
> > Wasn't this what the whole Zend optimizer was for?  So it would cache
>  > and pre-compiled scripts?
>  >
>  Thanks Brian for your answer!
>
>  When I started with Asterisk in the past, I wrote all my AGI scripts in
>  PHP. And than I saw big latency in call setup and lack of performance.
>  Thus I try Zend optimizer, eAccelerator and APC too. You are right, all
>  of them help much, but I still wasn't satisfied.
>  After rewritting all of my code to ANSI C, everything change rapidly.
>  The same HW could setup nearly twice as much calls per second than with
>  PHP and bytecode cache...

Even if you have to write C code for performance, it's easy to write
an application module to handle all needed tasks. FreeSWITCH's
architecture allows one to worry about accomplish the tasks when
writing code, instead of worrying about workarounds to get your code
to work the way you want, without breaking other things... and without
hacks.

Just wanted to say that, because I ended up in the same situation,
having to write asterisk apps. I had a hard time writing them and was
_very_ impressed when started writing FreeSWITCH's. All weird problems
were just gone, the things just work and the API is consistent.

I've just started using mod_python and my guess is that it'll fit your
needs. When you're done testing, please share the results, so we can
try to understand where are the bottlenecks, if any, and improve it.