[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch-users Digest, Vol 21, Issue 73

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Fri Mar 28 05:35:03 PDT 2008

Henk Oegema wrote:

>> Message: 2
>> Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:05:43 -0500
>> From: Brian West <brian.west at mac.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] How to reply ?
>> To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
>>
>> Press the reply button in your email program and they'll thread
>> automatically.
>>
>> /b
>>
> But I get all messages in a bunch, one or twice a day.
> So I can't reply to a single message.
> May be I need to change my settings?
>
> So let me see what happens to this message. (I deleted the rest of this Vol21,
> Issue 73)

Well, updating the subject line to what it should be would be helpful.
As it stands, both the subject line and the threading information in the
header of your reply refer back only to the digest.

I know of only two ways to automate this and have things thread properly.

A)  As Patrick has mentioned, you can turn of digest mode, or

B)  You can use a MUA which allows you to reply to the individual
components of a digest.  Do all the pieces of mail show up as
attachments which you can open and then reply to?  If not, try the
current version of Thunderbird.

I suspect, though have never tested, that in the second case you still
don't get the header threading information.

--Jon Radel