[Freeswitch-users] Conceptual Question about Freeswitch and SIP

Kurt Marasco kmarasco at faithwork.org
Sun Mar 16 20:45:19 PDT 2008

Thanks for your comments, that was a tremendous help.

So is it typically bandwidth or computing power that limits scalability?
And I know that is a somewhat loaded question. I'm initially looking at
setting up a relatively small environment for myself friends and family
to utilize and in the process save some money on phone bills and use it
as a lab for me to learn more about voip.

I'm considering keeping FS behind my home broadband or putting it on a
fairly limited power VPS. At home I would have much computing power, but
relatively little bandwidth. My computing power would be limited on a
VPS , but much higher bandwidth.
Kurt