[Freeswitch-users] custom ringback behaviour

Cavalera Claudio Luigi Claudio.Cavalera at italtel.it
Mon Jun 16 02:01:36 PDT 2008

freeswitch-users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org wrote:
> First of I recommend updating to SVN Trunk which will be 1.0.1 very
> soon.

Ok, now I've got a different problem.
This first appeared before the upgrade, sadly I don't know what I have
done to create this but I can't get rid of it anymore.

Anyway, concerning my upgrade to SVN Trunk:
when reinstalling even after a fresh svn checkout, configuration xml
files do not get overwritten.
I think this behaviour is good when you don't want to lose your precious
dialplan, but in my case I wanted to get rid of every possibile cause of
problems, therefore I did
rm -rf /usr/local/freeswitch before make; make install; ...
I hope this is enough to be sure to start from a perfect clean
situation.

Now when I issue my command through event socket:
api originate sofia/default/12345 at switch
&bridge(sofia/default/54321 at switch)
I hear music on hold instead of ringback tone, moreover A and B can't
speak because music on hold goes on even after B has answered.

I think this is the relevant part of log debug:
2008-06-16 10:33:27 [DEBUG] switch_core_session.c:386
switch_core_session_receive_message() Kill sofia/internal/12345 at switch
[BREAK]
2008-06-16 10:33:27 [DEBUG] switch_core_session.c:386
switch_core_session_receive_message() Kill sofia/internal/12345 at switch
[BREAK]
2008-06-16 10:33:27 [DEBUG] switch_ivr.c:337 switch_ivr_parse_event()
sofia/internal/12345 at switch Command Execute playback(local_stream://moh)
2008-06-16 10:33:27 [DEBUG] mod_local_stream.c:309
local_stream_file_open() Opening Stream [moh/8000] 8000hz
2008-06-16 10:33:27 [DEBUG] switch_ivr_play_say.c:911
switch_ivr_play_file() Codec Activated L16 at 8000hz 1 channels 20ms

I have to solve this before going back to original problem :-)

Thanks a lot,
Claudio

> On Jun 13, 2008, at 3:30 AM, Cavalera Claudio Luigi wrote:
>> Now let's consider this couple of commands issued through fs console
>> (I hope I'm using % vs @ properly here):
>> 1) originate
>> {ringback=/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/calling.wav}sofia/default/
>> 1000%my FsBox &bridge(sofia/default/0287654321 at MySswIP)
>>
>> in this case when I answer the first ringing phone (softphone) while
>> the second phone is ringing I hear "calling.wav": wonderful!
>>

> I personally don't use the %,  But it denotes to look locally for a
> registered user vs trying to send the call to the remote domain.  In
> both cases the ringback should be on the bridge side.
>
> originate sofia/default/1000%blah &bridge({ringback=blah.wav}sofia/
> 1234 at switch)
>
> This seems to be one of the biggest things that people misunderstand.
> Just because you set a variable on the A-Leg doesn't mean its
> automatically on the B-Leg.  There are a few that are magically
> exported to the B-Leg and I'll try to get those on the wiki to make
> sure people know what they are.  The others you'll need to export or
> set them on the B-Leg like I showed you in the example above.
>

>> 2)originate
>> {ringback=/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/calling.wav}sofia/default/
>> 0212345 678 at MySswIP &bridge(sofia/default/0287654321 at MySswIP)
>>
>> in this case when I answer the first ringing phone I don't hear
>> calling.wav, instead I hear normal ringback tone while the second
>> phone is ringing.
>>
>> What could be the cause of these different behaviours?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Claudio
>>

> Brian West
> sip:brian at freeswitch.org

Internet Email Confidentiality Footer
La presente comunicazione, con le informazioni in essa contenute e ogni documento o file allegato, e' rivolta unicamente alla/e persona/e cui e' indirizzata ed alle altre da questa autorizzata/e a riceverla. Se non siete i destinatari/autorizzati siete avvisati che qualsiasi azione, copia, comunicazione, divulgazione o simili basate sul contenuto di tali informazioni e' vietata e potrebbe essere contro la legge (art. 616 C.P., D.Lgs n. 196/2003 Codice in materia di protezione dei dati personali). Se avete ricevuto questa comunicazione per errore, vi preghiamo di darne immediata notizia al mittente e di distruggere il messaggio originale e ogni file allegato senza farne copia alcuna o riprodurne in alcun modo il contenuto.

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and are confidential and/or may contain legally privileged information. If you have received this message by mistake or are not one of the addressees above, you may take no action based on it, and you may not copy or show it to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and point out the error which has occurred.