[Freeswitch-users] custom ringback behaviour

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Fri Jun 13 07:12:13 PDT 2008

First of I recommend updating to SVN Trunk which will be 1.0.1 very
soon.

On Jun 13, 2008, at 3:30 AM, Cavalera Claudio Luigi wrote:
> Now let's consider this couple of commands issued through fs console
> (I
> hope I'm using % vs @ properly here):
> 1) originate
> {ringback=/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/calling.wav}sofia/default/
> 1000%my
> FsBox &bridge(sofia/default/0287654321 at MySswIP)
>
> in this case when I answer the first ringing phone (softphone) while
> the
> second phone is ringing I hear "calling.wav": wonderful!

I personally don't use the %,  But it denotes to look locally for a
registered user vs trying to send the call to the remote domain.  In
both cases the ringback should be on the bridge side.

originate sofia/default/1000%blah &bridge({ringback=blah.wav}sofia/
1234 at switch)

This seems to be one of the biggest things that people misunderstand.
Just because you set a variable on the A-Leg doesn't mean its
automatically on the B-Leg.  There are a few that are magically
exported to the B-Leg and I'll try to get those on the wiki to make
sure people know what they are.  The others you'll need to export or
set them on the B-Leg like I showed you in the example above.

> 2)originate
> {ringback=/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/calling.wav}sofia/default/
> 0212345
> 678 at MySswIP &bridge(sofia/default/0287654321 at MySswIP)
>
> in this case when I answer the first ringing phone I don't hear
> calling.wav, instead I hear normal ringback tone while the second
> phone
> is ringing.
>
> What could be the cause of these different behaviours?
>
> Thanks,
> Claudio

Brian West
sip:brian at freeswitch.org