[Freeswitch-users] choppy audio during group_confirm_key playback

jart jtunney at lobstertech.com
Sun Jun 8 10:13:49 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm setting up an 800 number to forward to my cell phone and I want to
play a little indication so I know the call is coming from the 800
number so I can answer it correctly.  I setup the following XML:

<action application="set" data="ringback=${us-ring}"/>
<action application="set" data="group_confirm_key=exec"/>
<action application="set" data="group_confirm_file=playback
indication.wav"/>
<action application="bridge"
data="sofia/external/MY_NUMBER at sip.gafachi.com"/>

When I answer the call, I can hear "indication.wav" being played at the
beginning of the conversation.  I can understand what it's saying, but
it really choppy and and repeats itself.  After that, the call audio is
crystal clear.  On rare occasions, the indication is played perfectly.
At first I thought this might be an issue with my voip provider, but I
don't understand why call audio after the indication would be perfectly
clear.  Also the choppiness doesn't sound like cheap voip termination,
but more like a bug.

indication.wav is a normal wav file that I recorded through freeswitch:

RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 8000 Hz

I wish I could send a recording of the audio, but the group_confirm_key
thingy isn't recorded when I use record_session.

Any help is greatly appreciated!