[Freeswitch-users] Using Mod_fifo

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 09:02:52 PDT 2008

if you add these 2 extensions: 7010 will be for agents who will hear music
till someone calls
and 7011 will be the customer who will hear hold music until an agent is
free.

  <extension name="test">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^7010$">
        <action application="set" data="fifo_music=$${hold_music}"/>
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="fifo" data="myq out wait"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

    <extension name="test">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^7011$">
        <action application="set" data="$${hold_music}"/>
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="fifo" data="myq in"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Faraz R. Khan <faraz.khan at emergen.biz>
wrote:

> Is there any example on how to use mod_fifo?
>
> I am trying to implement a call centre queue as follows (much like
> Asterisk queues) :
>
> Inbound call-> press 0 for operator -> mod_fifo -> 3 agents of whom any
> one can get the call (doing round robin or whatever)
>
> I checked out:
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_fifo
>
> I understand how to park the call, I understand how to retrieve the call
> from the fifo- but I dont understand how this will happen automatically.
> Is the expected way to write some kind of JS to run periodically, check
> if any of the 3 specified agents are free and send them (originate) to
> the fifo 'pop' extension?
>
> Pointers would be appreciated! If anyone has sample JS to do something
> close to the above it would give me a great headstart.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Faraz R Khan
> Chief Architect