[Freeswitch-users] Event Socket Questions

Bill Binko bill.binko at mapshine.com
Sun Jan 6 00:44:38 PST 2008

Ok, I have gotten the DTMF to work, and am much happier now.  I have a
nice framework forming that will make it easy for us to develop
PHP-based IVR apps, monitors, etc.

Live is looking better.

However, I have some questions about the Event Socket interface that I
would love some help on.

First, it seems that when in 'async full' mode, you get ALL the events
for any connections, not just the one you were invoked on (in outbound
mode).  If that's true, how do I discern which events are for my call?
I suppose I could use the UUID in the Event, but that seems fairly
wasteful - shouldn't I be able to just register for "my" events (that's
why I'm calling "myevents" ;-)

Second, what is the difference between the three ways to invoke
functionality?  There's the "basic" commands like "myevents", "event
plain ALL", "log DEBUG".  Then there are the api commands that are
invoked like "api uuid_broadcast <UUID> <path>", and then there are the
sendMsg command like "sendmsg\ncall-command: execute\nexecute-app-name:
answer\nexecute-app-arg: \n\n"

Each of these seem to invoke functionality in the current call (or the
call with the given UUID), and there seems to be overlap (i.e. there is
an 'answer' command in the API), but they all have different syntaxes,
Content-Types and corresponding result messages.

This isn't a complaint, I'm just trying to sort out when to use each.
I'll be happy to update the wiki with the clarification.

Finally, assuming this becomes reasonably usable, how do I add it to the
contributed scripts?

Thanks,
Bill