[Freeswitch-users] general question about API command

Carole O. carole.olivier at enst.fr
Wed Dec 17 02:06:39 PST 2008

Thanks, this works fine.

But I try to use some other API commands and something goes wrong: I would
like to be able to use the API commands for the conference like lock,
unlock, say, etc... from the dialplan.

I try to add in my dialplan
<action application="bind_meta_app" data="1 a s conference::conf1 lock"/>
but it did not work, I presse F8 and I have got:

2008-12-17 10:47:58 [DEBUG] switch_ivr_async.c:1425 meta_on_dtmf()
sofia/internal/1002 at 192.168.1.102:2054;line=n7ovvfr7;fs_nat=yes Processing
meta digit '2' [conference::conf1 lock]
2008-12-17 10:47:58 [DEBUG] switch_core_session.c:611
switch_core_session_queue_private_event() Kill
sofia/internal/1002 at 192.168.1.102:2054;line=n7ovvfr7;fs_nat=yes [BREAK]

You told me that the API commands should not be blocked isn't it? So I do
not understand where I am wrong. Is "bind_meta_app" not supported in
conference?

I have also tried to write directly:
<action application="conference" data="conf1 lock"/>
which also has no effect.

Thanks for your help,
Carole