[Freeswitch-users] Error loading portaudio module

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Dec 12 15:24:03 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 09:30:16PM +0100, Giovanni Maruzzelli wrote:

> But in this specific case, no device at all was found.
>
> So, maybe portaudio was not commpiled with ALSA support (do you have
> the ALSA development library installed?).

Yes, and in any case the version of PortAudio which is installed came from the
Debian package.

Does FreeSWITCH support PortAudio 19? If not, maybe there are API differences.

> Also, after recompiling portaudio and mod_portaudio, you can launch FS
> giving it the PA_ALSA_PLUGHW=1 environment variable, so portaudio will
> use the plughw devices (that are automatically converted to the
> desired rate/format) and not the raw devices.

I'll try that.

To answer another question that arose in this thread, I have no other software
currently using the audio devices. Alsa is known to work, as is other software
that accesses the Alsa devices with PortAudio.