[Freeswitch-users] how to force a MINIMUM call duration

Andrew Gilbert gilbertandrew at me.com
Tue Dec 9 07:08:09 PST 2008

Don't want the tone to be wrong here, but this makes no sense.
Carriers surcharge like this precisely to guard against call center,
predictive and other mass outbound calling scenarios.

It just doesn't make since, math wise, that individuals hanging up on
voice mail are going to significantly impact overall ACD stats, etc.
So unless you have a very strange set of use cases or are pushing
another category of traffic (ie call center) that skews you overall
relationship with the carrier - I would go back and re-negotiate your
arrangement.

Yes, FS is a b2bua and all is possible. But it is probably a better
use of time to approach this as a business issue.

My 2 cents.