[Freeswitch-users] Problems with Mod_openMRCP

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 10:51:39 PST 2008

Hi Mike,

My experience is that it's somewhat broken - it took two trivial tweaks
to get it to work with IBM's ASR and TTS, but there's a more intractable
problem to do with memory getting overwritten (I assume that this is
something to do with something being freed when it shouldn't be) which
causes a segfault on the second or third session after the module being
loaded.

Without wishing to sound like a stuck record, one thing that you guys
really ought to do is to decide what's supported and what isn't, and
make this obvious - for example, move unsupported modules to a different
place in the tree, don't have them built by default, etc.  MRCP is in
the specsheet on the Wiki.  Otherwise folk like Mark and I spend time
installing stuff, go round in circles a bit trying to make it work, and
then find out (a) that it doesn't and (b) it's not going to be fixed
because it's not supported.

Cheers --

Dave
> I would not say it is totally broken, it is known to work in quite a
> few places, but we are unlikely to be doing any new fixes in it.
>
> Mike
>
> On Dec 1, 2008, at 1:19 PM, mszlazak at aol.com <mailto:mszlazak at aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Anthony,
>>
>> Oh! OK.
>>
>> So is this module "totally broken".
>>
>> I say this because I can't seem to get it to work at all with the
>> example in that Mod_openmrcp wiki page but I thought it might because
>> I'm not be using the right Cepstral software (freetrial download
>> versus the paided for SDK) or that I'm not using the right port
>> numbers or something else I didn't do. I used TcpView to look at
>> local port associated with my Cepstral software and changed a few
>> things but still nothing. I changed the loglevel setting to 7 in the
>> wiki's example but I don't see the kind of output on the console that
>> I would expect for debug mode.
>>
>> Thanks. Mark.

David Knell, Director, 3C Limited
T: 020 8114 8901  F: 020 3002 7257  M: 001 415 630 3031
http://www.3c.co.uk