[Freeswitch-users] HA clustering solution?

Tom Warren funkknob at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 18:05:29 PDT 2008

Hi James,

I'd like to avoid front-ending the FS boxes and instead have them
load-share amongst themselves or sit in a hot/standby arrangement
while updating the other box(es) with call state and configuration
changes. They would be connected directly via a closed tertiary
network so that the heartbeat could be set to a very low value, and
call state data would not traverse the same path as the call traffic.
Am I just dreaming? Could a standby box take over call in progress
when the primary fails?

Thanks,

Tom