[Freeswitch-users] HA clustering solution?

James Green james.green at stealthnet.net
Tue Aug 26 07:25:49 PDT 2008

Tom Warren wrote:
> I'd like to know if there is any plan for an HA solution for
> FreeSWITCH. I know the 'heartbeat' trick, but is there or will there
> be any way to mirror the configuration changes and even call state
> between two boxes in a sort of clustered arrangement?

I don't think there's anything out of the box. I would imagine, much as
you can do with web servers, some form of R-R DNS exposing some proxies
that connect to 2+ FreeSWITCH/other boxen would essentially do the trick.

The tricky part would be getting any new machines to announce themselves
to the proxies and getting the proxies to remove machines now out of
service. I'll be looking into that later...

James