[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH behind NAT with users on both sides

kokoska.rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Thu Aug 21 11:24:26 PDT 2008

Martin Joseph napsal(a):
> On Aug 21, 2008, at 9:32 AM, kokoska.rokoska wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to get run FreeSWITCH behind NAT with users behind the same
>> NAT, on public IP addresses and also behind the other NAT.
>
> I am trying to do the exact same thing and haven't figured it out yet
> either...
>
> It does seem to me that he different profiles are differentiated by
> the registration port.
>
> ie if you use "sofia status" from the command line you can see the
> different profiles.  If you register on port 5060, you are on one
> profile if you register on port 5070 another, 5080, ..etc.

Thank you very much, Martin, for your answer!

I think about this possibility - list status of all relevant sofia
profiles, parse it, and try to find user I want to send call to. But it
has three big disadvantages:

1. I'm afraid it is very resource intensive operation (especially at
high CPS)
2. In the delay between sofia status processing and b-leg call setup
user may reregister with another profile, so I send call using wrong profile
3. This workaround doesn't solve multiply registration problem

But - may be - I'm completly wrong :-)

Thanks once more for your help!

Best regards,

kokoska.rokoska