[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH behind NAT with users on both sides

kokoska.rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Thu Aug 21 09:32:34 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to get run FreeSWITCH behind NAT with users behind the same
NAT, on public IP addresses and also behind the other NAT.

I think I need different sofia profiles for them. Thats simple :-)
But what I'm missing is how to choose proper profile for inbound call to
the users. And if I have to use multiply registrations, it is even
harder :-)

Lets say I have profile A for users behind same NAT and profile B for
the others.

And than comes call for some user. How should I know what profile I need?

sofia/A/user%$${domain}
or
sofia/B/user%$${domain}

And in case if user is registered more than once (at first from behind
the same NAT and at second from the other NAT) I really don't know how
dial string should look like :-)

Could someone, please, point me to some docs (I'm not able to find it)
or explain it directly? I really appreciate it :-) Thank you.

Best regards,

kokoska.rokoska