[Freeswitch-users] playing sound file without answering the call

vidhya sagar dixit vids.cs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 04:39:32 PDT 2008

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply but the problem here  is :

if i want to play message  your account balance is xxx   then i must answer
my call in  starting  of  js  before  playing file which creates  a session.
so basically here are two sessions and call is answered 2 times .

After answering the call and playing account balance it originates call from
js and creates another session.
Now what i need is the exact session time(the time between end user answered
the call and the disconnect time of the call) of new session .

I hope i was able to explain .

here is my js script:

====start ========

var DialNumber = '12127773456';
console_log("notice", "Your destination :"+DialNumber+"\n");

var dialstr = "sofia/external/"+DialNumber+"@192.168.1.10:5090";

                                        new_session = new Session();

new_session.setCallerData("caller_id_name", "ABC");

new_session.setCallerData("caller_id_number", "2121231234");
                                        new_session.originate(session,
dialstr,60);
                                        bridge(session, new_session);

var Acallduration=session.getVariable("billsec");

var p1time=session.getVariable("progresssec");

var p4time=session.getVariable("duration");

var Bcallduration=new_session.getVariable("billsec");
var ptime=new_session.getVariable("progresssec");
var p5time=new_session.getVariable("duration");

console_log("notice", "Your old session  time bill
duration:"+Acallduration+"\n");
console_log("notice", "Your old session progress time :"+p1time+"\n");
console_log("notice", "Your old session total time :"+p4time+"\n");

console_log("notice", "Your new session time :"+Bcallduration+"\n");
console_log("notice", "Your new session progress time  :"+ptime+"\n");
console_log("notice", "Your new session total time  :"+p5time+"\n");
new_session.hangup();

session.hangup();

===end===

Thanks and Regards