[Freeswitch-users] Performance bottleneck

Ken Rice krice at suspicious.org
Tue Aug 12 13:14:51 PDT 2008

Actually having evaluated MySQL for large scale environments it works well
up to a point... Postgres on the other hand has much more mature
replication, store procedures, triggers, a query cacher that insane and no
need to use mysql¹s so called Œhash tables¹ to get the data loaded into ram
(pg does this automagically via its caching mechanism)

Mix that with table partitioning and you have some fairly crazy numbers

Real world deployments doing some pretty complex LCR shows that a small
cluster (4 boxes) or old dell 2650s are able to sustain > 40K queries/sec
(~10% being inserts for CDRs)

When you get into this scale the real enterprise work that has been done on
pgsql starts to show thru... Companies like Greenplum feed a good bit of
their core performance tuning back to PgSQL... (for those that are wondering
pgsql is bsd licensed so its actually license compatible w/ FreeSwitch say
some someone want to look at replacing sqlite with a pgsql engine)