[Freeswitch-users] How to setup TLS and SRTP

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 4 06:00:16 PDT 2008

Hallo Brian,

thank you for your hint for the Snom settings. SRTP works now, but I am
not sure wether it's actually 100% safe.
On the Snom phone I set RTP/SAVP to optional (was off before). Then it
works.
But if I set it to mandatory it doesn't work anymore.
When set to optional it starts Invites with
m=audio 49806 RTP/AVP 0 9 8 3 101

However after the OK message the SDP message contains RTP/SAVP as follows.
m=audio 20260 RTP/SAVP 0 101 13
I checked with Wireshark and the RTP stream only contained noise. So it
seems to be encrypted.

Do you think there is still an security issue here?

Best regards
Peter