[Freeswitch-users] New feature - NAT handling, keep-alive OPTIONS

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 07:10:34 PDT 2008

Yes you remove the force-contact variable from the <domain> tag and only set
it in the individual <user> tag.
That is how you can pick and choose which ones do the options.

You can also configure a force-expires on each user so the register will
reply with a very short expiry time to
trigger the client to re-register at any frequency you want. You can enable
this without enabling the force-contact
The force-contact option automatically sets the expire time to 20 seconds
but you can make it even lower if you wish.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 2:00 AM, kokoska rokoska <kokoska.rokoska at post.cz>
wrote:

> Jonathan Palley napsal(a):
> > I get the feeling that some of these edge optimizations are,
> > rightfully, not the top priority for the core team.
>
> I think so. And this why I think about to do it myself :-)
> If someone other see it useful...
>
> >  If you make
> > these changes I'm happy to help test as all of our users are behind a
> > NAT.
>
> If I have success in doing such changes to sources, I'm very glad if you
> help me with testing. Thanks Jonathan!
>
> > Right now we don't have enough users to justify doing this
> > optimization ourselves though.
> >

> And I have nearly no experiences with FreeSWITCH :-)
>
> > As for keeping the UDP connection open I recommend having the client
> > send "blank" UDP packets and setting the interval there.
> >

> Yes, I agree. But few of them (for example Nokia mobile phones) can't do
> that. And this why should I send keep-alive packets (dummy packets or
> valid OPTIONS), but only to few of NATed UACs. Thus I have to have an
> option to distinguish between UACs which need to be nat-pinged and which
> not :-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> kokoska.rokoska

Anthony Minessale II