[Freeswitch-users] Dynamic SIP Gateways to register with

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 06:22:58 PDT 2008

My concern is with detribalizing things.

The idea of a bounty does hold some weight because things I don't want to do
are the exact things that should have a bounty.

There are a lot of moving parts in a gateway with many threads involved
which is why it's a tricky situation.
To what extent do you want to manipulate them?  There are a lot of
parameters to a gateway so 1 giant api call to create them seems daunting.
Re-parsing the config assuming there are new ones has the issue of where to
look because we have the gateways that live in the users and the ones that
live in the profile and when you do that how do you know when to erase them.

If anything, all I can see is being able to add more by rereading the config
or maybe a very elaborate FSAPI call but only being able to *remove* them 1
by 1 via FSAPI.

See the issue?
P.S.
What kind of bounty are we talking about?

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:38 AM, kokoska rokoska <kokoska.rokoska at post.cz>
wrote:

> Jonas Gauffin napsal(a):
> > I would also love to be able to switch gateways at runtime without
> > restarting the profiles.
> >
> > Anthony: wont a bounty help either?
> >

> I like the concept of independent profiles, but switching gws without
> restarting profile will be very cool.
> If bounty will be setted up, I try to unpocket some money :-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> kokoska.rokoska

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/