[Freeswitch-users] Dynamic SIP Gateways to register with

kokoska rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Tue Apr 8 00:03:33 PDT 2008

Anthony Minessale napsal(a):
> The only way to do what you want is to make one sip profile per customer.
> FreeSWITCH sofia profiles are meant as an instance of a single UA and
> the gateways are alternated credential sets for that UA so in a hosted
> scenario if you want to let customers have their own gateways, you give
> them each their own FQHN, setup SRV records for this domain and store
> all of his gateways in that user's user directory.

Thank you, Anthony, for very useful help!

I have two more questions:
1. How about if I want to allow to some group of users to share
gateways? If I catch it correctly, I should create faked user and map
gws to him. Am I rigthy? Or exist another/better approach?
2. Registers (and recieves from/ sonds to) Fresswitch with this
user-gateways even if the user isn't registerd with Freeswitch? It is
not clear to me...

> That means 1 sofia profile with 1 ip/port.

OK. But what do you think about, let say, 10.000 of sofia profiles?
Isn't it impacted to negatively performance of Freeswitch? I have no
idea whats happen, so I ask...

> This is the only way what you want will be supported because you can
> restart each sofia profile independently.

This is exactly what I need. Thank you!

> There is really no discussion as to an alternative because this is by
> design and I don't intend to change it.

OK. I should live with it :-)

<off-topic>
BTW: Freeswitch is, from my little knowledge, amazing piece of SW and I
like the philosiphy much more than Asterisk's one I'm using now. And -
in addition - nearly all my changes to Asterisk more or less "emulate"
Freeswitch behaviour. But I made them in the past when I know nothing
about Freeswitch :-)
Whay talk about it? Because the only one thing I'm now in trouble with
Freeswitch is "dynamic gateways". And I hope that above outlined
solution will work for me and I can utilize all Freeswitch power I see in.
</off-topic>

Best regards,

kokoska.rokoska