[Freeswitch-users] Dynamic SIP Gateways to register with

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 15:18:51 PDT 2008

The only way to do what you want is to make one sip profile per customer.
FreeSWITCH sofia profiles are meant as an instance of a single UA and the
gateways are alternated credential sets for that UA so in a hosted scenario
if you want to let customers have their own gateways, you give them each
their own FQHN, setup SRV records for this domain and store all of his
gateways in that user's user directory.

That means 1 sofia profile with 1 ip/port.

This is the only way what you want will be supported because you can restart
each sofia profile independently.
There is really no discussion as to an alternative because this is by design
and I don't intend to change it.

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 4:41 PM, kokoska rokoska <kokoska.rokoska at post.cz>
wrote:

> Michael Jerris napsal(a):
> > On Apr 7, 2008, at 3:57 PM, kokoska rokoska wrote:
> >
> >> f reload abort active calls, than it is useless for me.
> >> With - may be - hundreds of active calls and tens of gw changes per
> >> minute I need to find another solution.
> >> Any hint is very appreciated :-)
> >

> > What could possibly cause that many gateway changes?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> Thousands of users which define (add/edit/remove) their own connections
> to various VoIP operators.
> I know this is not very comfortable for the server, but I can do nothing
> with it.
>
> For now the peak "frequency" of gw changes is slightly below 2 changes
> per minute, but I'm trying to be prepared for the future :-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> kokoska.rokoska

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/