[Freeswitch-users] Should I choose FreeSwitch?

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 08:40:02 PDT 2007

Everyone,

What I want to see is someone to start a wiki page that is
a TODO list for missing documentation and then for
*everyone* who uses FreeSWITCH to think back to their first
impression and what things they wish were spelled out better
and add it to that page. Or at the very least submit your account to
this mailing list thread. Or maybe add unanswered questions to the
FAQ page for people to fill in? Something....?

All I have heard are blanket statements like:
"There is little or no documentation..." This is a very
relative statement. What exactly do you want to see?
For instance the API is well-documented with doxygen but if you
don't plan to code anything then that is not any help for you.
There are getting started guides and dialplan guides but maybe
you don't understand the paradigm behind the software enough.
There are nearly 500 wiki pages but maybe none of them tell you
what you want to know?

I obviously do not need any documentation since I invented most
of this stuff off the top of my head and it all makes perfect
sense to me.  I am offering to push for this for everyone else's sake.
This is the whole point of a community project so what we need is feedback or I will consider it safe to assume we are already as well-documented as we can be.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm