[Freeswitch-users] Creation of custom softphone

Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca
Wed Aug 22 06:42:18 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am looking to create a softphone with a custom GUI.  I noticed "Freeswitch" on one of the VOIP-User forums.  I am looking to create this softphone using Eclipse with Java programming.  The system I was originally looking to use was an Asterisk server (Trixbox) with the softphones written in Java languange using Jain SIP and JMF for session initiation and the transfer of the audio in a call, respectively.  I am not too familiar with "Freeswitch" unfortunately, so I am not sure about the best way to create my desired system.  Would someone be able to provide me with some advice in regards to the system.  If I have not provided enough detail please let me know and I can be more specific.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks

Denis