[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch startup issue

David Sugar dyfet at gnutelephony.org
Mon Jul 17 09:23:27 PDT 2006

We went through a lot of these issues in developing the W32 native build
of Bayonne.  Visual Studio does not offer a very usable model (or
existing default standard locations) for installing third party
libraries, in my opinion.  I had looked at how some projects (like the
native gtk port for example) handle this, and how other things do, and I
hated them all, though the methods we choose are most similar to what
gtk eventually did.  We use Program Files\Common Files\GNU Telephony for
shared dll's and Program Files\GNU Telephony for development files,
rather than having everything in one root directory like the native \gtk
port did.  We also do some things with dll file naming to try and create
abi based versioning.

We use inno setup to build our installers, and I would be happy to see
if we can build one for freeswitch if nobody else does one when it is
far enough along where building such installers would be useful.