[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch startup issue

Abdul Qadir ablqadir at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 04:09:51 PDT 2006

Hi,
 Thanks for your reply. I did followed all the steps and still same error. I think the problem is not with loading the libraries there is some other error. Plz see the out put again and help me.. My OS is Fedora Core 5.
why I am getting this error "cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied".

These are the commands i issued

[root at localhost bin]# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/freeswitch/lib
[root at localhost bin]# ./freeswitch
./freeswitch: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/freeswitch/lib/libfreeswitch.so.1: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
[root at localhost bin]# echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/local/freeswitch/lib

I also tried the ldconfig procedure and same results.

Anthony Minessale <anthmct at yahoo.com> wrote:
 Hi,

 You can call make nodepends to deactivate all the autobuilding features but it's much harder
 to build then.

 as for the mission .so

 add $prefix/lib to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH

 If you build to the default location /usr/local/freeswitch
 add /usr/local/freeswitch/lib to ld.so.conf and run ldconfig

 or set it from the command line

 $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/freeswitch/lib /usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch

 or set it as an environment variable from a prompt or in your shell rc file

 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/freeswitch/lib

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

MSN:anthony_minessale at hotmail.com
JABBER:anthony.minessale at gmail.com

FreeSWITCH Developer Conference
sip:888 at 66.250.68.194
pstn:712-432-7800

  Luckly freeswitch installed on my system after downloading other libraries. But when i run freeswitch I get this error

./freeswitch: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/freeswitch/lib/libfreeswitch.so.1: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

Any idea how to solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Abdul Qadir