[Openmrcp-users] Third party media processing

Arsen Chaloyan achaloyan at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 07:03:57 EDT 2008

Hi Kamil,

Yes, it's possible for OpenMRCP client stack to stay out of media processing.
You should explicitly specify audio channel and set mode to MRCP_AUDIO_CHANNEL_NONE not to use internal media processing stack for this channel. See the sample below

                mrcp_audio_channel_mode_t mode = MRCP_AUDIO_CHANNEL_NONE;
                mrcp_media_audio_t *local_media= NULL;
                mrcp_audio_channel_t *audio_channel = NULL;
                mrcp_media_base_t *mrcp_media;

                local_media = mrcp_audio_media_create(console_session->pool);
                mrcp_media = &local_media->base;
                mrcp_media->state = MRCP_MEDIA_ENABLED;

                mrcp_media->port = 5678;
                mrcp_media->ip="192.168.0.1";

                local_media->ptime = 20;
                audio_channel = mrcp_client_audio_channel_create(console->client_context,
                    console_session->client_session,local_media,mode);

                mrcp_client_context_channel_add(console->client_context,console_session->client_session,channel,audio_channel);

I see at least two use cases for such kind of setup
- external media processing stack is used with OpenMRCP client (as you described)
- OpenMCRP client is used as B2BUA and stay out of media path (direct media between endpoints)

Hope this helps,
Arsen.