[Freeswitch-video] Video conferencing mux does not work with more than one participant

Alexei Kolesnikow a.kolesnikow at bitnamic.net
Tue Nov 17 16:28:29 MSK 2015

Hello everybody,
I'm just testing video conferencing (3500, 3000, 888) of FreeSWITCH at conference.freeswitch.org and cantina.freeswitch.org - Unfortunately this does not work as expected.
When I call 3500 with Chrome 46.0.2490.86 m (64-bit), the video works only as long as I am alone in the conference. When I call 3500 from another client the video gets unusable (artifacts, video freezes most of the time). My internet connection is pretty good (50Mbit down / 30 Mbit up).
The same phenomena I observe when I test video conferencing on my own server (Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3, 64 GB DDR4, Debian 8.2, FreeSWITCH 1.6.2-9~64bit (-9 64bit) installed with apt-get install FreeSWITCH-all and configured like https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/FreeSWITCH+1.6+Video).
My question is: Do you have similar problems with video conferencing? If yes: how the guys from the ClueCon Weekly conferences make calls with ~10 participants (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuxgEb9FMc0)?

Thanks
Alexei Kolesnikow