[Freeswitch-users] Retiring the FreeSWITCH Mailing List

Brian West brian at freeswitch.com
Wed Mar 15 17:51:42 UTC 2023

FreeSWITCHERS,

Today’s the day, folks. For those of you that aren’t sure what’s happening,
we’re retiring the FreeSWITCH mailing list after 15 years in service. You
can check out the announcement here
<https://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2023-January/136131.html>
for more context. Everything historical on the mailing list will continue
to be available via the existing links and search functionality.

I wanted to take this final message to thank you all for your continued
involvement and support of the FreeSWITCH community and confirm that this
is the only change we’re making. Read on for more resources and where to
get involved or get help.

If you’re following the FreeSWITCH newsletter
<https://mailchi.mp/freeswitch.com/newsletter>, you’ve probably already
seen we’re hosting a PR Review Day
<https://mailchi.mp/freeswitch/pr-review-day> coming up next week. If you
have an open issue or PR you want to discuss, sign up and come talk with
the team! We’ll be hosting another in April, so look out for that as well.

Our direct replacement for the mailing list is a community forum. To join
the new forum, visit forum.signalwire.community - it uses SSO from your
free SignalWire account, which allows us to be more lenient with moderation
because we've got an assumed level of trust, and also reduces the overall
level of spam in the forums. We've got the forum set so you can view
without an account, so check it out with no obligation.

If you’d like to receive updates via email, you can set that up in your
user preferences on the forum with the steps in this guide
<https://forum.signalwire.community/t/how-to-receive-forum-replies-via-email/461>.
You can reply to forum topics via email, and you can even start new topics
by emailing
<https://forum.signalwire.community/t/welcome-to-posting-via-email/343>.
Also note the digest/summary emails will stop sending if you don’t log into
the forum every 180 days, but if you follow the steps in the guide above
for watching topics you will not need to login to refresh that timer.

Not interested in the forum, but still looking for community spaces? You’re
welcome to join our Community Slack <https://slack.signalwire.community/>,
join the subreddit <https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch/>, or attend our Office
Hours <https://mailchi.mp/freeswitch.org/office-hours>.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!