[Freeswitch-users] Odd Media issue

Jerry Kendall Jerry.Kendall at BishopHosting.com
Sun Jan 1 03:47:36 UTC 2023

So I did a quick check,

I ran 'tcpdump net 10.0.0.0/8'

I got thousands of packets immediately on dialing a ring group. So, it seems that FS is indeed NOT processing the NAT mapping correctly... I could be wrong... I'm not above that...

to draw a sort of image...

[phones on 10.0.0.x net] ----------- [ FW ]  --------------- { internet } ------------- [ FS Server on public IP ]

The traffic to/from the phones goes correctly unless I have the group setup to send early media to allow ringing phones to show early media video...

If the group is setup to send early media, the ringing phones are NOT getting the earling media traffic..
The phones have the video screen active AND showing but NO video is displayed as it is sent from FS on the public IP to the phones PRIVATE IP...

I am doing this using a hard coded test dialplan conference call like so...
==================
<context name="registered-ext">
<extension name="dial-videocom">
<condition>
<action application="set" data="conference_auto_outcall_timeout=5"/>
<action application="set" data="conference_auto_outcall_caller_id_name=Intercom"/>
<action application="set" data="conference_auto_outcall_caller_id_number=350"/>
<action application="set" data="conference_auto_outcall_skip_member_beep=false"/>
<action application="set" data="conference_auto_outcall_prefix={sip_auto_answer=false}"/>
<action application="set" data="conference_auto_outcall_profile=pager"/>
<action application="set" data="conference_utils_auto_outcall_flags=mute"/>

<action application="export" data="bridge_early_media=true"/>
<action application="export" data="ignore_early_media=false"/>

<action application="set" data="ringback=%(2000,4000,440.0,480.0)"/>\n";

<action application="conference_set_auto_outcall" data="sofia/customer/500%domain"/>
<action application="conference_set_auto_outcall" data="sofia/customer/501%domain"/>
<action application="conference_set_auto_outcall" data="sofia/customer/502%domain"/>
<action application="conference_set_auto_outcall" data="sofia/customer/503%domain"/>

<action application="conference" data="vid_intercom_808 at domain++flags{mute|endconf|moderator}"/>
</condition>
</extension>
<context>

Does anyone have any ideas where I need to change things...??

Regards,
Jerry