[Freeswitch-users] Odd Media issue

Jerry Kendall Jerry.Kendall at BishopHosting.com
Sun Jan 1 02:47:54 UTC 2023

Hey there...

I've come across an odd issue with the outbound media from FS...

I have a phone, calls a ring group at say 22.
Now if the phones and FS are on the same network, the early media is sent to all phones properly...
If the phones are on different networks connected via VPN, again, the early media is sent to all phones properly...

not if the phones are on different networks and a firewall is between without vpn tunneling.... The early media is NOT delivered properly...

It seems as thought he SDP payload is not fully processed - again, it seems....

So, how do I tell FS to send the early media to the phones when the phones are on private IP space behind a firewall.???
It almost looks like the private IPs and not being mapped properly when sending early media.
(the phones are replying to the INVITE with 183 progress status that includes SDP)

I have NAT working properly and calls, even confererce calls with and without video all work fine - ONCE the call has been answered.
I have been trying to get early media(video) and works but, only when there is no firewall between FS and the phones.

This, of course is not acceptable for customer based setups.

Anyu ideas on where to look for the cause?

Jerry