[Freeswitch-users] Retiring the FreeSWITCH Mailing list

Дилян Палаузов dpa-freeswitch at aegee.org
Thu Feb 2 14:39:39 UTC 2023

Hello,

triggering an email over the mailing list for each new forum post and allowing new mails to the mailing list only over from the forum is a good
compromise.

Ideally emails submitted to the mailing list shall be automatically mirrored to the forum and vice-versa, but this ideal scenario is maybe not
realistic.

I run myself mailing lists and I have to say this is really too much hard work to get it right (adjusting anti-spam software; rejecting at SMTP-level
emails, which would be otherwise bounced my the mailing list manager (sender used wrong address); DKIM/DMARC, etc).  So a hosted mailing list for
freeswitch, instead of a self-hosted mailing list server could also be considered.  However permitting emails from the forum to the currently
installed mailing list shall not be that hard to get right and I think is a good compromise.

Greetings
  Dilyan