Video don't work over 3G/4G mobile data after upgrade to 1.10.7

José David Jurado Alonso josedavid at zennio.com
Tue Oct 11 10:54:19 UTC 2022

Hi,

The video is not displayed over 3G/4G mobile data after upgrade to 1.10.7 from 1.8.5 when call from 2N intercom device to linphone mobile app. In reverse order, calling from the linphone app to the intercom, everything works correctly. Audio works well in both cases.

Really, the video did not work either using a WiFi connection but I have solved it by adding the parameter "bypass_media=true" before the bridge. However, it still does not establish the video on mobile data network.

I have tried many NAT, media and others params configurations without success. I have used version 1.8.5 for years without any problems.

The need for the FS update comes because in version 1.8.5 the BYE does not send to intercom device when calls are made from the linphone mobile app to the intercom device and in 1.10.7 it does work correctly

Environment:

  *   OS: Debian GNU/Linux 9.8 (stretch) on AWS EC2
  *   FreeSWITCH version (OK): 1.8.5-6-31281a0bf1~64bit (-6-31281a0bf1 64bit)
  *   FreeSWITCH version (KO): 1.10.7-release-19-883d2cb662~64bit (-release-19-883d2cb662 64bit)
  *   Intercom device: 2N Helios
  *   Linphone app version: Try with several versions 4.X.X and 5.X.X with same result
  *   Video codec: H264

FS log traces:

  *   Trace OK (over wifi): freeswitch_video_OK_wifi.log<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/files/9754205/freeswitch_video_OK_wifi.log>
  *   Trace KO (over 4G): freeswitch_video_KO_mobile4g.log<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/files/9754203/freeswitch_video_KO_mobile4g.log>

Configurations:

  *   vars.log<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/files/9754159/vars.log>
  *   sip_profiles_external.log<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/files/9754238/external.log> (I use the external profile to SIP)
  *   dialplan_public.log<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/files/9754186/public.log>
  *   dialplan_default.log<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/files/9754187/default.log>
  *   dialplan_default_opening.log<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/files/9754188/default_opening.log>

The public dialplan transfer to default when call is from intercom to mobile and transfer to default_opening when call is from mobile to intercom.

Issue: https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/issues/1828

[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/5be74d27029bc09a51f2c2fd7107922dbc67beb13e755e496e4d5c7af4028ca8/signalwire/freeswitch/issues/1828]<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/issues/1828>
Video don't work over 3G/4G mobile data after upgrade to 1.10.7 · Issue #1828 · signalwire/freeswitch<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/issues/1828>
Description: The video is not displayed over 3G/4G mobile data after upgrade to 1.10.7 from 1.8.5 when call from 2N intercom device to linphone mobile app. In reverse order, calling from the linpho...
github.com

Thanks!