[Freeswitch-users] Current timestamp variable in dialplan?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Wed Nov 2 14:17:46 UTC 2022

Hi.

I'm looking for a variable I can access in the dialplan (I use XML if it
matters) which will tell me the current time (when I read the variable) in the
format 2022-11-02 12:34:56.789789

If that's not available, but a microsecond-resolution Epoch timestamp is, what
would be the function to convert this to the above human format?

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Switch+core+variables
tells me about variables which are set after a channel is hung up, so they're
no use during call setup, and

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Channel+Variables doesn't
seem to have anything which represents "now".

Can anyone suggest where I should be looking to find such variables?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
There's no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes.

 - Billy Connolly

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.