[Freeswitch-users] SRTP for Internal Calls only

Rasheed Kalapurackal rasheed.kalapurackal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 07:21:05 UTC 2022

Dear All ,

I have enabled TLS and SRTP for internal profile meant only for internal
calls. In Vars.xml , i made rtp_secure_media = true.  Also in directory
default.xml , i modified the following param.

<param name="dial-string"
value="{rtp_secure_media=${regex(${sofia_contact(${dialed_user}@
${dialed_domain})}|(transport=(?i)TLS))},presence_id=${dialed_user}@
${dialed_domain}}${sofia_contact(${dialed_user}@${dialed_domain})}" />

Internal calls are working well with these changes and internal calls
between 2 end points are established using TLS / SRTP  .

For outbound gateway based calls  , we opted to make it without TLS / SRTP
by disabling  tls
 <param name="tls" value="$${external_ssl_enable}"/>  where
external_ssl_enable is false.

The late negotiation is true.

It was noticed that any outbound calls made through the external gateway is
also going out with RTP/SAVP in SDP and hence our ITSP is rejecting the
calls with error 488 "Not acceptable here"

Is there any way to resolve this issue.  Any help in this regard  is
highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Abdul Rasheed