[Freeswitch-users] fs_cli not connecting to fs ( newbie question )

Bote Man botelist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 18:10:35 UTC 2022

Perhaps it is even simpler.

${conf_dir}/autoload_configs/event_socket.conf.xml

probably contains a reference to "localhost" like:
  <param name="listen-ip" value="localhost"/>

which /etc/hosts probably lists as
  ::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback

which apparently is disabled on your host, based on the error messages like:
  "Error Creating SIP UA for profile: external-ipv6 (sip:mod_sofia@[::1]:5080;transport=udp,tcp"

Solution: change
  <param name="listen-ip" value="localhost"/>
  <param name="listen-ip" value="127.0.0.1"/>
and fs_cli should be able to reach FreeSWITCH ESL port.

You can run FreeSWITCH as a console application by omitting the "-nc" switch and see the console log messages fly by on the screen, until you get fs_cli connected.

I believe these are merely the growing pains of a new system that has not been fully configured yet. Simplify the network configuration and things will work better.

"What this country needs is a good FreeSWITCH startup guide."

John Boteler
Bote Communications