[Freeswitch-users] Outbound call works for 30 seconds

Terry Barnum terry at digital-outpost.com
Wed Jun 29 02:09:42 UTC 2022

I've got an old version of freeswitch (1.4.6) that's been working in the house for several years with just one extension as a "land line" for an elderly relative.

This weekend I added a pfSense box in front of the home network. I followed the docs at https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/recipes/nat-voip-pbx.html so freeswitch and the extension are receiving calls fine but outgoing calls work for only 30 seconds. Some searching suggests an ACK is not making it to the correct place.

I got pfSense packet captures of port 5060 on the WAN and the LAN during an outgoing call. I can see the BYE but I don't really know what I'm looking at or what to change in pfSense or freeswitch. Can someone who's familiar with this issue have a look?

I'm happy to send the captures to the list but am wondering if there's anything sensitive like login or auth info that might be contained in them?

If it's important, vars.xml has
external_rtp_ip=stun:stun4.l.google.com:19302
external_sip_ip=stun:stun4.l.google.com:19302

and on startup freeswitch throws: Error checking for PMP [general error].

Thanks for any help!

-Terry