[Freeswitch-users] debian repos for Raspberry Pi broken?

Saied Tazari saied.tazari at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:08:01 UTC 2022

Dear Andrey,

many thanks for the updated instructions under
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Raspberry+Pi

This is to contribute my solution for the errors I got when following
these instructions.

The problem I realised: apt update failed due to

    E: Failed to fetch
    https://freeswitch.signalwire.com/repo/deb/debian-release/dists/bullseye/InRelease
    401 Unauthorized
    E: The repository
    'https://freeswitch.signalwire.com/repo/deb/debian-release bullseye
    InRelease' is not signed.
    W: GPG error:
    https://freeswitch.signalwire.com/repo/deb/rpi/debian-release
    bullseye InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified
    because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY

I "solved" this by adapting your instructions the following way (changes
highlighted in red):

    TOKEN=YOURSIGNALWIRETOKEN
    apt update && apt install -y gnupg2 wget lsb-release
    wget --http-user=signalwire --http-password=$TOKEN -O -
    https://freeswitch.signalwire.com/repo/deb/rpi/debian-release/freeswitch_archive_g0.pub
    | apt-key add -
    echo "deb [ Allow-Insecure=yes ]
    https://freeswitch.signalwire.com/repo/deb/rpi/debian-release/
    `lsb_release -sc` main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/freeswitch.list
    echo "deb-src [ Allow-Insecure=yes ]
    https://freeswitch.signalwire.com/repo/deb/rpi/debian-release/
    `lsb_release -sc` main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/freeswitch.list
    echo "machine freeswitch.signalwire.com login signalwire password
    $TOKEN" > /etc/apt/auth.conf
    apt update && apt install -y --allow-unauthenticated freeswitch-meta-all

I would be happy to be corrected if there is a better way, because my
way is actually generating warnings that this is bad practice.

Otherwise, I would be happy to see these changes in your instructions to
be sure that my way is ok from your point of view.

Kind regards,

-- Saied