[Freeswitch-users] Trigger playback via network request

David P davidswalkabout at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 23:05:51 UTC 2022

I would like to trigger playback into a channel, and I'd like to do that
using a networked request that indicates the filename. Is there a better
way to do it than the following?

I'm considering using ESL (in inbound mode). I already have a large
dialplan, and rather than reimplement all of it as ESL commands, I thought
I could add the uuid_park application into the dialplan at the spot where
the inbound channel(s) should be fully configured and active. There would
be a separate server running an ESL client, and once it gets an ESL
CHANNEL_ANSWER event it would be able to invoke playback until it receives
a CHANNEL_DESTROY event.

I considered other programmatic ways of doing playback such as mod_python,
but they don't address the networked requirement.