[Freeswitch-users] SIP on all interfaces

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Tue Jan 18 17:45:56 UTC 2022

On Wednesday 12 January 2022 at 12:28:57, ilink wrote:

> Freeswitch listens on the private IP address:
>
> netstat -na | grep :5080
> tcp        0      0 10.210.32.12:5080       0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

> I only have this 10.210.32.12 interface but the IP packet arrives with the
> public IP address from the load balancer.

> No I try to configure something in freeswitch to listen on 0.0.0.0 instead
> of the the private IP address. If this is not working, I may need to try
> Kamailio (or similar) in front of the freeswitch, that listens on 0.0.0.0
>
> Any advice/guidance?

Changing FreeSwich to listen on 0.0.0.0 will not make any difference, since you
do not *have* any interface with the public IP address you say the packets are
addressed to, therefore FreeSwitch still won't recognise packets sent to that
address as being for it to process.

What you need to do is apply a Destination NAT firewall rule on incoming
packets so that anything which arrives going to 198.51.100.42 (or whatever
your public IP address is) get redirected to 10.210.32.12 instead.

This does sound like a bizarre networking arrangement for Google to give
people, though.

Antony.

--
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.