[Freeswitch-users] SIP on all interfaces

ilink Carsten.Gericke at ilink.de
Wed Jan 12 11:28:57 UTC 2022

Dear community,

I try to operate freeswitch 1.8 on Google Cloud with a Goggle external load balancer in front of the freeswitch instance.

Freeswitch listens on the private IP address:

netstat -na | grep :5080
tcp        0      0 10.210.32.12:5080       0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

But I seeking for ways to have freeswitch listen on everything and it should look like this:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5080       0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

A similar wish was posted in 2015:
http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2015-October/116478.html <http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2015-October/116478.html>

The proposed solutions does not work for my, since I only have this 10.210.32.12 interface but the IP packet arrives with the public IP address from the load balancer.
Hard to believe. But as proof of the situation, it is described here:
https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2015/07/Debugging-Health-Checks-in-Load-Balancing-on-Google-Compute-Engine.html <https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2015/07/Debugging-Health-Checks-in-Load-Balancing-on-Google-Compute-Engine.html>

No I try to configure something in freeswitch to listen on 0.0.0.0 instead of the the private IP address.
If this is not working, I may need to try Kamailio (or similar) in front of the freeswitch, that listens on 0.0.0.0

Any advice/guidance?

Best,
Carsten