[Freeswitch-users] No hang up, transfers or hold

fs fs at szmidt.org
Thu Feb 3 18:02:50 UTC 2022

On 2/3/22 12:40 PM, Bote Man wrote:
> All I can tell you is that FreeSWITCH has no way to know how to
> process your Transfer button on your phone.

Sorry but that seems odd. Both are using standard SIP protocol, and FS
recognizes both phones and can configure them.

> The defaults that come
> with the Vanilla configuration files are merely to get it as close as
> possible to working in a basic PBX mode so that you can play with
> FreeSWITCH quickly, but they are by no means the end of your
> configuration tasks. You are fortunate that it has worked so well for
> you with so little configuration needed thus far.

When I said default values I did not mean that it was not changed but I
did not try to make an unusual setup. It has the standard 5060 and 5080
ports as suggested with a minimum of changes.

> This all sounds like a chance to learn more about how your phones
> handle transfers, tweak some FreeSWITCH dialplan codes, and perhaps
> you might need to tweak your firewall to allow the conference audio
> to pass to external users. I think you are not far off since it
> mostly works right now.

Audio works just fine. The problem lies elsewhere.

> The Wiki is in need of some updating on various topics, but it holds
> a wealth of information nevertheless. Here is one starting point that
> might help you:
> https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_dptools%3A+transfer
OK, I've not found anything yet, but thanks.

---
fs